Some WinRT additions to note
Volume 3 improves upon our WinRT Chart, Grid, and Schedule controls by adding a number of features that our customers wanted to see. We introduced our WinRT controls a few releases back, and we’ve had extremely positive reviews from customers developing for Windows 8. We’ll continue to make many enhancements in this area.
Grid control enhancements:
· Nested grid and row templates.
· Rows and row headers that can be dragged.
· Context menu support.
· Multiple cell types.
Chart control enhancements:
· Different colors for segments in a bitmap series.
· Customizable start angles for circular series.
· Fine-tuned label placement.
· New chart types—stacked area 100, stacked column 100, stacked bar 100, and fast stacked- column charts.
· Series and data points that can be dragged.
More reporting enhancements
Our reporting controls have been around a long time and have been popularly received. We’ll be adding several major features to them:
· Nested tables in our Report Designer.
· Document mapping.
· Drill-down support.
· Charts, gauges, data bars, and sparklines that can be displayed within tablix cells.
Also, Essential PDF, our Adobe PDF manipulation library, will allow you to create and modify PDF portfolios.
Diagramming has been a very popular component of Essential Studio. In addition to the WinRT features mentioned, we’ll be adding substantial features to our Diagram control for ASP.NET MVC. Diagram rotation, snapping objects to a grid, and text wrapping in labels are just a few of the features we’ll add.